2007-02-26

Personal Publishing (Reblog)

So, instead of writing today, I've been poking around at what to do with what I may or may not write. This is mainly to frustrate EJB, although I think the wife is getting ready to take a bat to my head as well.

My most intriguing find is the fascinating Lulu, an alternative to a traditional publisher or an evil vanity publisher. They are an on-demand publisher that takes a markup on whatever creative cost you choose to apply to your work and on the actual cost of publishing. Their printing costs aren't unreasonable at all, and their up-front costs for authors are nothing.

Of course, just using the web with one of the brand new 3.0 Creative Commons licenses is even more straightforward -- not that the two methods are mutually exclusive.

No comments: