2007-10-19

The House Incompetency Built

Ah, the wonderful job my builders did...

Today, almost three years after purchasing this house, I get cc'd a letter from my village to Mr. Danny Stojanovic, the seller. Apparently there is a bunch of unfinished site development stuff that has never been done. It kind of makes me wonder how my house passed inspection?

The village has never approved the Plat of Survey with As-Built Grading information. "Before we can recommend approval and release the cash bonds, please review and address our comments:
  1. Show the location of the sump pump discharge. This sump pump discharge should be connected to the Village's Storm Sewer System along Traube Avenue.
  2. Provide the width of the concrete driveway at the public sidewalk.
  3. Provide dimensions of the brick patio in the rear yard.
  4. PRovide dimensions of the private walk in the front yard.
  5. The required Drainage Certification on the As-Built is missing. Please review the attached Engineering Directive No. 7 for more information."
Why am I not surprised.

No comments: