2007-10-02

Dirt

Here are some photos of the final stages of the raised bed. A nice man came and took away a check for a lot of money, but filled our tarps with 2 yards of mulch and 2 yards of composted soil for the bed.
The bed wanted to eat about one and a quarter yards of dirt.
And eat it did, wheelbarrow by wheelbarrow. Eventually I ditched the four-wheeled plastic monstrosity pictured here (NDM started using it to lug mulch around) and switched to a real wheelbarrow, and boy was I glad I did!
Finally, the bed had eaten all it could. Since then we've had a couple days of good rain to settle things in, soI probably have a few more wheelbarrows to top it off for winter. Then, no more yard work for the year! Yay!
Of course, if I find I need to top it off with even more dirt, Mag's trenching service has me covered.

No comments: