2007-03-07

Amazon Upgrade (Reblog)

While following up on some new Amazon-Tivo cross-pollination today, I somehow failed to stumble across this nifty Amazon feature -- but my dad was nice enough to point it out to me. This is an interesting service that, for an additional fee, gives you permanent electronic access to books you purchase through Amazon. Depending on the cost, I can see this being well worth it for many types of reference books. Alas, the selection is currently rather limited (none of my past book purchases are eligible for Amazon Upgrade).

Amazon has a sample to look at if you are interested. Searching, bookmarking, note-taking, it all looks pretty slick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I agree this seems like a total scam, things are sometimes not what they seem. Witness the Mpemba effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mpemba

That said, they won't be getting my money any time soon...

Ray T.

Anonymous said...

D'OH! Misplaced comment.

Ray T.