2007-01-12

Leatherwing Bat

I collect versions of Leatherwing Bat. The first version of the song I heard was by Peter, Paul & Mary, but that's not a turn-off for me. There are lots of other versions, though, including well-known recordings by Bill Staines and Pete Seeger.

Unfortunately many of them are hard to get hold of. Still, every once in a while I stumble across a little freebie -- thanks, Cormorant's Fancy! While their version is a little too mellow and newagey for my tastes, it is still quite welcome.

I have a dream. A dream where Kate Bush voices a punkish version of the song. Maybe she'll show up for one of my birthdays!

Until then I must content myself with versions from...
Tom Banjo
Ingrid Karklins
The Poor Clares (or Re Mor)
The Muses
Hey Mom!
Judy Collins
Anne Dodson
Kevin Roth
Tommy Makem

(These aren't traditional lyrics, but they fit the tune. :-)

No comments: