2007-01-14

Armagnac Gnummy

For the first time ever, I think the best drink I was served by my local oenophile CRB was not a wine, but an Armagnac. Now, I'm not very knowledgeable about wine, even in my selected Rhône niche, but that doesn't stop me from being an opinionated ass. And luckily, CRB is polite enough to not call me on any of my posturing. This Armanac beat out a very nice Gigondas which I would be happy to sample again, a fine Côtes du Rhône Villages, and some other varieties of brandy, Scotch, and Port.

No, I'm not a lush.

I'd share more information about this scrumptious Armagnac, but I'm reliant on CRB reading this posting and sending me a photo of its label. It is from a small (even for Armagnac) producing region that doesn't export, so it is has proven difficult to hunt it up on the web.

This repast serves as a reminder that I have to get CRB & CEA together for an extended evening of chow, as my two friends who I think are most gustatorily appreciative. And, of course, make CRB handle the beverages.

- - > U P D A T E < - -

CRB has come through with the goods! It was a Duc de Séviac (which Britons can acquire via the web, but we Statesiders cannot) from Condom, France. Kudos to Condom!

1 comment:

Jeff Carroll said...

I tried a Larressingle Armagnac that Jacques brought into work. Quite enjoyable.