2007-01-12

Über Alles

A reader in Germany writes:



I hate you [sic] blog software. It auto-detects the IP I am coming from and then auto-translates everything to German. It gives me no options to change this. Here is an example:

KRM

  • Standort: Chicagoland : IL : Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika

Über mich

Another Luddite who has spent the best years of his life tilling the ol' computer fields. In his 'crepitude, his solace is the ancient art of the blog.

Blogs


Blog-Name Teammitglieder
 Diesen  Blog  anzeigen Itty Bitty Kitty Committee




I don't know about you, but I find this to be totally awesome. (Sorry EJB!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who makes this evil blog software? I have to tunnel through U of I to get English. They should at least let me set a cookie to override the auto-IP setting.

KRM said...

Blogger is owned by Google. They were a small (very, very small) company that Google purchased in 2002.

I have noticed a couple of twitchy things about it myself. One is when I log in it goes into an infinite self-refreshing loop. Another is after the first week of posting its URL tool just stopped working for me (I have to edit the HTML by hand now to add links).