2007-12-21

Our Non-denominational Tree

For the second year in a row, I am disappointing the wife and making myself feel very clever by putting a fairly short tree on top of one end of our huge kitchen island. Far from the evil and malicious depredations of our canines, with branches so low to the counter that the conniving felines can't get purchase -- the perfectly defended tree! You can tell how excited I am by the extensive jitter in the above photograph.
As always, our tree is mostly about animals. I particularly like the paper and bark ornaments; glass ornaments scare me, and ceramic ornaments are too heavy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you cats could levitate to the top of doors. They can't jump up onto the island?

KRM said...

Well, technically they are not permitted on counters. But the trunk has been cut so the bottom branches basically touch the countertop, which doesn't give them a lot of opportunity for tree exploration.