2007-12-31

New Year's Eve

Now that we're a staid married couple, NDM and I have quiet New Year's Eves with the beasts. Well, beast-level quiet. For dinner, NDM treated me to shrimp cocktail -- which I am required to mention was, and must always be, made with ecologically green Hawaiian farmed shrimp. I made the wife take lots of documentary pictures of her process, so I may post a recipe at some point. The nice horseradishy cocktail sauce is of course also home-made.
We had dark chocolate mousse for desert...and no, those aren't dishes that traditionally go together, NDM was merely indulging my lack of refinement. There is never a wrong time for mousse. My offhand comments pay off again!
NDM actually spent a good portion of the day studying, her activité du tout jours. Every once in a while, however, she can be caught doing this... Any activity on the couch that lasts for more than a few minutes will generally end in dog brackets.
Demonstrando. Gracias, AM. He'll also be the sole guest gracing us for our highly exclusive New Year's Day party, which is planned to consist of eating some succulent lobsters and steaks my parents gifted us with while working on a puzzle.
This evening is also when we bid farewell to our Seasonal Tree Of Agnosticism. Farewell, tree, and happy New Year's, readers!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year! The food looks beautiful as usual! I miss you guys!

KRM said...

Standing offer -- any of our friends want to hang out on New Year's Eve / Day, you know where to find us!

Anonymous said...

We were at the zoo. It is understandable that N might want to be elsewhere to celebrate.