2007-08-08

My Birthday Cakes (Chow)

I just had to post some pictures of the sexy birthday cakes NDM made for me today. To warm up for cake, I made a sweet clam sauce with all the tomatoes that have survived the puppy holocaust in our garden. I use the clam juice as part of my red sauce reduction, and throw in some lemon juice and capers for finishing.
Because my wife is innately extravagant, or perhaps because this was my second birthday, I received two cakes! Above is a yogurt carrot cake courtesy of Alton Brown, and below is a pineapple and buttermilk carrot cake. Not to blaspheme against Mr. Brown, but of the two the second was lighter, moister, spicier, and more...um...carroty.
And because it was my birthday, I treated myself with laziness, and so won't be updating the Kitchenarium with these recipes :-)

1 comment:

Jenny McQueen said...

Happy Birthday - mine is today! I am going to get a yummy pie from Bakers Square! mmmm