2007-07-16

Duck Lake Trail

Today we went on a hike up to Duck Lake and back, a distance of about 10 miles and maybe 1,600 feet of elevation. The weather, as always this time of year in the Sierra Nevada, was beautiful.
The toughest part of the hike was the final ascent up Duck Pass, which consists of 30 switchbacks. Only the first several are visible here. The view back from the top is great, though.
Back from our day hike at our posh resort, we made some angel hair and an artisan bread -- I brought the ingredients up in a Ziploc.
The view from our Mammoth condo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet people would also like to see pictures from the Saddlebag, Spillway and Mono Pass hikes... (I'm only anonymous because I have no accounts...)

KRM said...

Natalie is working on finishing naming all the pictures she took (300 a hike, urk) and winnowing them down a bit. When she's done I'll try to put up a Picassa album and link to it from here.