2007-06-14

Name That Drink

Since we've been in the new house, we've discovered a simple non-alcoholic mixed drink that NDM is in love with. This beverage accounts for probably 25% of unfinished drinks left lying around our house (also 60% various teas and 15% suisse mocha -- 100% NDM leftovers)...
It consists of a splash of grenadine (enough to just cover the bottom of a pint glass) covered with a can of Diet Pepsi. Yeah, I know, I wouldn't drink it either, but it makes NDM very happy. After over a year, despite our increasing sophistication leading to use of a bartender spout for the grenadine, we still don't have a name for this drink! Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Chris said...

Westmont Wine?

KRM said...

All I've come up with is Shirley Pepsi, which doesn't have much of a ring to it. Nothing to match my Black & Cran (Guiness and cranberry juice, of course -- actually better than you'd think).

Unknown said...

Isn't that just a diet Roy Rogers or a diet Shirley Temple Black (for the Pepsi generation)?

KRM said...

I've never heard of a Shirley Temple Black before, but funnily, NDM and I were discussing this drink earlier tonight and independently arrived at that name after agreeing my Shirley Pepsi was really, really weak.

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid, the version of a Shirley Temple made with club soda and grenadine was called a Red Devil. So: Black Devil? Dark Demon? Pepsi Prince of Darkness? Aspartame Abomination?

KRM said...

My father sends me this definition, which pretty much covers it. A Roy Rogers, Darth Vader, Shirley Temple Black, or Grenadini.