2007-06-16

Abstinence Works (Reblog)

...to make more "conservative" voters, anyway.

It is wonderful how much political choice we have in this country. Just look at how well our Democrat-controlled legislature is serving this country's women.

By the way, isn't it great that "conservative" is the label we now use for imperialist expansionist oligarchophile religio-fascist plutocrats? In another world, I'd consider myself conservative, since I'd like to hear reasoned debate and see all applicable historical and scientific evidence before rendering an important political decision, and when in doubt I'd prefer proceeding with caution where millions of lives, billions of dollars, and the very world we live on are concerned. In this world I'm a flaming liberal because I don't believe in thought police, religious oppression in either direction, grossly excessive economic exploitation, or that political control is better off in the hands of corporate entities than people.

No comments: