2007-05-11

Legend (Recommendation)

Today is the anniversary of Robert Nesta Marley's death from cancer, which he decided not to treat because of his Rastafari belief that his body must remain whole.

Most pop musicians produce a lot of dreck, and it is rare for me to find an entire album which I can appreciate from its first song to its last without feeling I'd rather have left something in a studio waste basket. In fact, even when "Best of..." compilations are released, they usually contain at least one boner. Maybe I'm just too picky. In any case, Bob Marley and the Wailers' Legend is an exceptional album front to back, and apparently well over 10 million people agree with me (for once).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one of the few albums that I can put on at 9:00 AM, and fifteen hours later realize that I've been listening to nonstop for fifteen hours. No woman, no cry; Buffalo soldier; Exodus; Get up, stand up; Jammin...as far as I am concerned it's one of the five best albums ever committed to vinyl, and I don't even smoke pot.